Are you trying to be the perfect partner, the perfect parent, the perfect employee or business owner, the perfect friend…?
Do you constantly feel overwhelmed with your high expectations, and do you feel like a failure?
Do you have a strong need to be in control, and are you always thinking 10 steps ahead to plan for all the things that could go wrong?
Are you a procrastinator and do you have difficulty finishing things?
- How much stress is this causing you?
- How much does it affect your ability to feel joy?
- How much does it impact the quality of your life?
If this sounds like you, there is a strong chance you are a perfectionist!
Perfectionists often don’t think that they are perfectionists because they see themselves as being far from perfect! Perfectionism is often mistaken for ‘being perfect’ or ‘doing something perfectly’. Many people assume that it must be a positive thing. Other people think of being a perfectionist is negative. So, is perfectionism a good or a bad thing?
Perfectionism involves putting enormous pressure upon ourselves to meet very high standards, which then greatly influences the way we view ourselves. A perfectionist’s self-worth is greatly influenced upon your ability to strive for and achieve your unrelenting standards, despite the huge personal costs and negative consequences of setting such expectations. Perfectionists often suffer from high levels of stress and overwhelm, inability to relax and live in the moment, adrenal fatigue, depression, and anxiety in their pursuit of trying to being perfect.
An overused strength becomes a weakness! Perfectionism has some very positive benefits, eg, helping you to set goals and have high standards. However, perfectionism becomes unproductive when it involves the constant pursuit of unrealistic self-imposed high standards, and judging one’s self-worth on the inability to meet these unrealistic benchmarks, and then going through life feeling like a failure. Perfectionists tend to be highly self-critical when they do not meet their standards, or will minimise their accomplishments and negatively compare themselves to others when they achieve their goals.
Gold Coast Perfectionism Programs
As an experienced Psychologist, Hypnotherapist and Life Coach I have developed a comprehensive 14 week one-on-one Perfectionism Program:
- We will work together to fully understand the underlying causes, psychological patterns, behaviours, emotional states, and triggers of your perfectionism.
- Researchers have shown that parts of perfectionism are helpful, and parts are unhelpful. I will help you identify and work on the unhelpful parts, so that you can adopt a more balanced approach to life and learn to feel satisfaction from your achievements, which will lead to a more fulfilling life. This program is not about you giving up your high standards, but about helping you to manage this pattern to enable you to pursue healthy high standards, rather than unrelenting high standards that negatively impact your stress levels, your self-worth, and your ability to feel joy and fulfilment in life.
- We will first work with your conscious mind to increase your awareness of your cognitive processing style (ways of thinking), your emotional states, and your patterns of behaviour, and we will challenge and transform your current perceptions and disempowering beliefs that are not serving you.
- Then we will work directly with your unconscious mind using powerful psychological techniques like Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Hypnotherapy to ensure long-lasting changes occur and you develop more constructive ways of operating!
We have helped hundreds of people who were constantly struggling in life because of this perfectionist pattern. We know that you will find this program so life-changing, and because of this we offer a full 100% money back guarantee! If you have completed all the set tasks and have attended all scheduled appointments, and you are not completely satisfied at the end of the program, we will refund your money in full. That’s how confident we are in our program, and in your ability to reach your full potential whilst enjoying at the same time!